Friday, July 16, 2010

so much to do so little time.

So first let me explain a little bit of what happened up at school last semester. All was going well, grades were good, health was good, I was having a blast. Sadly in April my oxygen sats dropped really low and I ended up in the hospital, because of this I ended up failing my two morning classes. Now I am unable to get financial aid for the following semester unless I submit an appeal an they approve it. So today I talked to the people at the DRC, Disability Resource Center, to help me in getting my money back and the F's off my transcript so that my GPA will be back above a 3.0. So now I must write 2 letters explaining what happened and why it won't happen again. I must get all the paper work from doctors visits that semester and a letter from my doctors also explaining what happened. There is about a month left till school starts. I really hope this is all cleared up before it starts or I won't be going back to school. Allison, the person I work with at the DRC, is amazing! She is very confident this will all work out and I have nothing to worry about. Next time I get sick I just talk to her and I can medically withdrawal from classes if needed so I never have this problem again. I was an honors kid in HS so this whole failing thing does not stand well with me at all!

On a happier note as of last night I am now sleeping with oxygen!! After all the appointments my doctors asked me about it and all the times my mom and Aunt Landa talked to me about its pro and the never the cons I am finally doing it! Besides the learning to sleep with the noise of the machine it really isn't to bad. I will have to let you know how I am feeling in a couple weeks and how it is working. I also have sinus surgery FINALLY set up for the like week before I go back to school (hopefully I recover fast) and an appointment with the doctor that will set up my port. Hopefully that gets put in before I go back to school but I am not sure it will happen. If not then that will be my plan for winter break! It always makes me laugh the kind of stuff I get excited about or what I consider a "happier note" while others might feel as if all the things I just listed were bad or sad but really for me they are great and life saving, literally!

I've been feeling a little under the weather so I am going to make an appointment to see the doctor. No getting sick right before school and moving into my new apartment!!! No way jose. I can't wait to move into my new place with only the 3 most amazing roommates anyone could ever ask for. Two of whom happen to my best friends Sherise and Lorin. You know it is so crazy to me how both these girls don't think twice about my CF. It's just another part of me like my personality or hair color is. They don't give me funny looks when I cough alot, they don't stare when I do my treatments or take my pills. Heck Lorin is like mom away from home and makes sure I get everything I need to done and Sherise will hold off on going out just to make sure I have everything done. When I have my iv's they don't even flinch or give me weird looks like other ppl do when I am out and about. At school when I went to the hospital I didn't wanna go alone so they both came with me and sat in the waiting room while I went back and they didn't think anything of it. They both ask questions and look things up so they know whats best for me. I am the luckiest girl on earth to have friends as amazing as these two girls. I don't know what I would do without them. I feel normal and free around them and that is such a breath of fresh air.





1 comment: