Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!!

234 years ago 56 men signed The Declaration of Independence and proclaimed our freedom, uniting us as a country! I am blessed to come from generations of proud men and women that call this country home; Some of my family came over on the Mayflower and have been here ever since! I was raised in a family that teachs their kids pride for their country, respect for the flag, and to know we are blessed with freedom that many others wish they had. One of my favorite quotes is from John F Kennedy, "Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country." We are blessed with this great place to call home and everybody must put in a helping hand to keep us strong and thriving. Our country depends on us not the other way around. Don't get lazy and take things for granite. We only have what all of this because of hard working Americans. Several family members of mine have served their time in the armed forces and if I could I would join in a heart beat, but due to medical reasons I cannot. I have all the respect and appreciation in the world for those serving in our armed forces. I know how hard it is for the families to have them fighting in harms way but I also know how proud their families are of them. I am privileged to have many friends, some of which I consider family, to be serving in our Air Force and Army and Navy. I know that they would do anything for their country These are great men and women and I know we would not be here today if it wasn't for them. So on this special holiday please thank someone who has served for our country and keep those who are currently out in the war field in your prayers so they can return home to their families safely. I am so very proud to call this country home. I know, we are having a rough time right now but look back in history and you'll see we always pull through! God Bless America. Fly your flags high and with pride today. Have fun and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment