1. My family: I don't even know where to begin... family is the most important thing to me. My parents are amazing! My daddy works so hard so he can provide for the family and keep us kids happy and healthy. He makes me laugh and he knows everything there is so know about anything and he knows how to fix it all. Then there is my mom. She is basically a super mom. She gets up with me in the night when I am coughing and throwing up, she rubs my back when I am sick, she spends her whole day in the hospital when we are there, she makes us dinner and takes us shopping. Then when I moved up to Reno she sends packages of all sorts of fun stuff, she even sent me flowers on valentines day! She is the most amazing mom anyone could ask for. My brother and sister are great! My little brother is such a comedian and makes me laugh like nobody else can (he gets it from my daddy) He is also so freaking smart. When it comes to math, science, or video games you ask him the question and he can give you answer. My little sister is like my best friend. She is so amazing and strong. I look up to here. She goes to church, gets good grades in the IB program, keeps up her health and is an amazing runner for her schools xc team. She is also one of the sweetest girls I know and she deserves the very best in life. When someone is down in the house she will make them a card and do a chore for them... I have kept all the little cards she has ever made me and I love them. Then there is my extended family, and man are there alot of them! I am so blessed to have such a large amazing family. They always come visit when I am in the hospital bringing me food or sonic drinks! My cousins have always been some of my very best friends. My CF doesn't phase them but when I get sick I know they worry. Once I went away to school it was so hard not getting to see everyone ALL the time but we still talk ALOT. Stacey will randomly call or text me just to tell me she loves me, my Uncle Kish does the same. My Grandma writes me letters in the mail, and Boyd emails me just to say howdy. My cousins Dulcie and Sierra.... man they were more like sisters growing up then cousins. We use to spend SOOO much time together but as we grew up it got harder.My last night in vegas I got to spend with their family and I wouldn't have it any other way. This summer I had a cousin pass away in a horrible accident. I saw my family pull together like I never have before. We spent 3 days in the hospital with her family and after she passed we took food into the family and helped with the funeral. I have so much love and respect for my family.
4. My Port: Getting my port this summer was the best discussion I have ever made! After only a couple weeks of being in reno and at school I got really sick and my numbers dropped by 10%!! Last year when that happened we did oral antibiotics and hoped it helped enough to get me till break so I can do a PICC in vegas well this time we started iv's through my port ASAP and man it makes a difference! I didn't skip a beat because I was back to feeling great in no time!
5. My Dad's Job: My dad has been a surveyor for the county for several years now. He works hard to provide everything we need and more, but sometimes it gets rough with three Cf kids the medical bills add up. Thankfully with this job we have amazing insurance that helps with this. So many people are struggling right now with this down economy. Our family was lucky and my Dad has been able to keep his job and insurance. I have lived and continue to live the great life that I did because of his hard work.
6. College: So many people out there, due to unfortunate circumstances, don't get the privilege of attending college or a university. It has been one of the most rewarding and fun experiences I have ever had. From football games, school pride, rivalry week (aka hate week), dorm life, new friends, parties, studying, the campus atmosphere, finals week, to now having my own apartment. I have been able to get out on my own and live the college life. Growing and making new life long friends in the process.... and of course getting an amazing education to be a special education teacher one day!!
7. The Internet: I know what you are think.... "are you serious right now brianne?!" Just give me a chance to explain. Over the last year I have been introduced, by my sister, to CF websites. Most importantly CysticLife! From there I ended up making a blog. The online CF community is HUGE! It has made life so much easier. They are there to listen when you are frustrated, celebrate with you when something great happens, give advice when you need it and most importantly you are there for them when they need it. I have made so many new friends and I am improving my life thanks to them!
8. Church and Faith: These two go hand in hand, and with out them I don't know where I would be. I was raised in a very religious family and have had such great values and moral instilled into me as a child. I am so grateful to my parents for that. I try my hardest to be a good person, to service others, be honest in everything I do, keep my standards high when the world wants me to lower them. I know when times get hard I am never alone, and that you are never given something you can't handle. God has a plan for me and my goal here on this earth is to work hard in finding out what that plan is. I am also so blessed to have a belief in heaven and that families are forever.