Friday, September 3, 2010

September is my FAVORITE month!

It's officially been decided September is number on my list of favorite months. Yup, it even beat our my birthday and Christmas!! Why, you may ask? Well let me tell you :D So first and for most college football is finally back! Our first game was this last Thursday and I can honestly say I missed it even more then I thought I did, and I already thought I missed it alot! As always the WOLFPACK came out on top with a win against Easter Washington: 49-24!





So now your thinking alright you're in college so college football is exciting but what makes September so great when football goes till December?? Obviously you have never been to Reno,Nevada in September!! Labor Day weekend (this weekend) also means the annual rib fest or rib cook-off (which ever you prefer) is in town Thursday till Monday! Over 300 of the country's best rib vendors are downtown. I had a pulled pork sandwich with sweet and sour and a dash of hot BBQ sauce, funnel cake with strawberry whipcream and powdered sugar and corn on the cob!! OMG it was some of the best food I have ever had. We didn't even get to do everything I wanted to do and I can't wait to go next year to see everything else I missed!




I also got to see my high school government teacher that was in town for the rib fest and we met up with him at the Peppermill and he bought us all gilato. We talked for about an hour. It was a blast! Next on my list of why September is amazing is the annual Reno Balloon Races. Hundreds of hot air balloons come to town and for 3 days light up around 5 in the morning at the park up the street from the school and float around the sky. Last year us girls tried pulling an all nighter the night before and missed it but this year we are going to be there for dawn watch which is the most beautiful time to see the balloons light up! Exciting, I know!! but that isn't the last of it. There is also the street vibrations where bikers and old cars come to down town and show off their stuff. My Uncle Ted comes to town every year for this and this year I get to ride around Tahoe on his bike with him! Then of course one of the best parts of September in Reno is the weather. Man how I love the start of fall. By the end of the month the days of absolutely perfect and the evenings you need a sweater. You can feel winter in the air trying to creep in but you know you still have about a month till the first storm blows in and we have to break out our winter coats.

So there you have it. That is why September happens to be my favorite month of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment