Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Popcorn Popping!

"I looked out the window, and what did I see? Popcorn popping on the apricot tree!
Spring has brought me such a nice surprise. blossoms popping right before my eyes.
I could take a armful and make a treat, A popcorn ball that would smell so sweet.
It wasn't really so, but it seemed to be popcorn popping on the apricot tree."

In primary at church they sing this song during spring about the blossoms on the trees. Growing up I loved the song. We got to stand up and do all the hand signs and sing it real loud. It was one of my favorites but I had no idea what the "popcorn popping on the apricot tree" looked like. Then I moved up to Reno! I finally knew what they meant by April showers bring May flowers. The snow melted and there it was the "blossoms popping right before my eyes!" I was so excited. For the first time I had experienced all 4 seasons. My friend Lorin took some amazing pictures of all the spring time fun around campus and she just now put them up. I forgot how beautiful it all was up there until she put the pictures up toady. I wanted to share them with everyone, especially all those here in vegas that don't get to see beauty like this everyday. We even had baby geese wandering around!

One of the blooming trees my Manzanita Pond

The baby geese were so cute!

Trees by the English building

Us girls enjoying the first warm afternoon in awhile!

The quad when the trees have new baby blossoms

No comments:

Post a Comment