Monday, January 2, 2012

'Tis the season... My favorite season!

I feel like November came & went awfully fast & before I knew it Christmas decorations were up and finals were over! I never really got the chance to sit down & think about how blessed I've been.

I'm so grateful to have the parents I have & for the family I was born into. I'd be lost without them. We spent Thanksgiving in Arizona this year & it was one of the best Thanksgiving's I've ever had. This was the first Christmas we had with my Grandparents in Idaho & not in vegas. It was so weird not having them around, but it made me realize how lucky I am to have such a large family & really made me appreciate those we still had in vegas. We've been very blessed that my Dad has been able to keep his job. I'm also so grateful for my health. Some of you might think I'm crazy for saying that, but there are others who are so much worse off them I am. I have a friend who just passed away from CF at the young age of 20 & a aunt diagnoised with mouth and throat cancer. Sure I have CF, but it could be so much worse. I've made it almost 3 months without IV's & I'm so excited about that! I'm so grateful for my doctors & CF team. They put so much time & effort into my health. I have a wonderful life & honestly I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Some Arizona Thanksgiving Fun:

Claire enjoying her Thanksgiving dinner!

Only at a Houston thanksgiving do we have wrestling mats
& wrestling matches between cousins. I love it!

Nap time & football after eating Thanksgiving dinner

Roasting mallo's with the cousins

Christmas with the Marlers:

Christmas Eve pajamas!

Christmas Eve we all "sleep" in the same room.
It's always alot of fun!

The best family out there!! We even got Grandma
on skype in the picture. We're missing about 20 ppl.

Little kids playing there white elephant game

Grace & her Daddy singing Christmas Carols while Uncle
Danny plays his guitar. (btw best tradition ever)

& we can't forget baby Axtyn who was
born just in time for Christmas!!


No comments:

Post a Comment