Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thankful Thursday!!

Last week Mandi decided to bring back the Thankful Thursday for this wonderful holiday season. She had been inspired by a sermon they heard at church, and asked everyone, who wanted to, to participate in this with them. I have so much to be thankful for and I could never turn down the opportunity to show my appreciation for everything I have! If you would like to read Ronni and Mandi's Thankful Thursday they are over at "run sick boy run"

1. I am so grateful that I have been able further my education past high school. Not everyone is able to afford it and has to work after HS while talking classes or work until they have enough saved up to pay for classes.Last year I had an amazing aunt and uncle that cosigned on a loan to allow me to take out enough money to move up to reno and take classes and University of Nevada.This year was a little harder on money, but my parents wanted me to be happy and if going to school in Reno meant my happiness they would find a way to make that possible and we did! I am able to better myself and plan for my future. I am so blessed to be sitting in my apartment right now taking a break from studying for my finals I have today. I know you're thinking how can she say she is blessed to take finals?! Don't worry I do hate them very much, but these finals will just show how much I have learned and grown this past semester and that is what I am thankful for.

2. I am incredibly thankful for medical advances we have today and the ones we have to look forward to in the future. It is because of all the hard working scientist that I owe the amazing quality of life.... heck my life to. I wouldn't be here today without them!

3. I am thankful for airplanes. Instead of driving 9 hours through the middle of nowhere Nevada desert to get home for the holidays coming up I get to hop on a plane and be there in an hour!! I even get complimentary peanuts/pretzels and a Dr. Pepper. What more can a girl ask for?

4. I am so blessed to live in a time where the world wide web is growing and technology is getting better! Because of this there is such an amazing support system for us CFers online! I don't know what I did before them. Any fear or concern you have they are their to give advice and to tell you that you are not alone... with any good numbers or celebrations they are there to give you a pat on the back on the tell you good job. They are also so somebody who understands what you are going through and are willing to hold you accountable for working out and doing your treatments. The online CF community is so large and so strong. I am so grateful to have them.

5. Last but not least I am grateful for my friends. They take such good care of me. They give me crap when I'm making stupid mistakes, they drive me to doctors appointments and sit with me, they sit in the emergency waiting room with me for hours, they make me eat when I'm sick, won't let me leave without a treatment, put up with my mondo boxes of meds that take up half the top shelf of our fridge and my meds that take up a shelf in the kitchen. They don't see my ugly port bump, and are so immune to my cough that they don't even notice it unless I am sick and it's increased. They have learned to sleep even with the noises my oxygen makes, like laughing at me when I talk with my vest on, and they always know how to keep a smile on my face. I love my friends. They are like family to me.

I can't wait until next week to pick another 5 things I am thankful for. I have so many!!

1 comment: