Sunday, October 7, 2012

Awe Inspiring Moments.... on my drive to school.

Since school is 20 mins away, and all my doctors are that far from home or further I find myself in the car a TON! Some days as I sit at a stop light, and see the people walking on the street or the people in cars around me, I'm in awe at how large and grand this world really is. We're all just humans here on this earth living our lives, trying to get through the day, with our problems and things going on, yet everything we do, good or bad, has some sort of effect on the world around us! We all live on this giant planet, that when we're here feels so large and we feel so spread apart from others, but when you truly start to think about it's not all that big after all. There's so much we can do not only for our neighbor or local community but maybe for that African village that needs clean water, or the earthquake victims in South America....

Do you ever catch yourself in these awe inspiring moments where you realize just how small the world is? How we're humans here on this plant living these lives that are all some how intertwined with each other? Maybe I'm just not getting enough sleep before school, but it really makes me want to get out there in my community and really strive to be a better person, and to help those around me that need it. Whether it's smiling and saying hi to someone on campus, giving my spare change to the man at the convenience store, making plans to help in the "low income" and forgotten schools after graduation, or maybe donating things to charity. We need to look out for each other, and with the technology and medical advance of this day, helping someone across the world is so easy to do! We might live on a giant earth, but when you really sit back and take a look at the world around you, it's really not that big at all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment