Monday, August 29, 2011

Moments That Matter Most



"We would do well to slow down a little, proceed at the optimum speed for our circumstances, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most! The four key relationships in our life are: with our God, with our families, with our fellowman, and with ourselves.... As we evaluate our own lives with a willing mind, we will see where we have drifted from the more excellent way. Let us joyfully partake of them in their simplicity and plainness."

^^ above is a couple random excepts from a talk President Uchtdorf gave that goes along with one of my favorite videos the church has put out. It's such a simple & sweet video with such a power message. It is so easy for us to get caught up in every day life. We over book ourselves, we spend too much time watching tv or on the computer & not enough time enjoying the simple things or spending quality time with loved ones. I love when President Uchtdorf say, "proceed at the optimum speed for our circumstance." That really hits home for me. There are many times where I have felt inadequate because I've had to slow down or put things on hold because of CF. My biggest example of this was this last spring semester when I had to withdraw from all my classes & move back home with my parent because I had gotten to sick to continue on with school & to sick to live on my own for the time being. This was a very humbling time. I had to realize what was most important in my life and I had to accept myself for all my flaws. I spent a lot of time finding the little things in life that were going right, that I could be grateful for; including all the support I got from my family and some of my better friends. It could do us all good to slow down a little bit, take a look around out the beauty all around us. Turn off our electronics, slim down our schedules were we can & spend some more time loving and appreciating those we have in our lives & all the blessings & beauty that surround us. Don't forget to take time out to care your yourself. Don't lose yourself out there in the world. Always find time to strengthen your relationship with our Heavenly Father. Without him none of this would be possible. Make time for church, go on a date (with a spouse a friend, even a sibling), smile at someone while you are out & about, play games with your family.... ect. Never lose sight of those things that matter most

No comments:

Post a Comment